Work Package 1 - Project management and scientific coordination
This work package provides a clear organisational framework, guidance, and support to ensure a smooth project workflow and timely achievement of objectives. It promotes effective collaboration, monitors progress, identifies challenges, and implements measures for success.
- Quick set-up of management & communication structures and processes
- Central monitoring of project activities, deliverables and deadlines: ensure the timely and qualitative achievement of project results through scientific coordination and impact-oriented project management
- Ensure efficiency, high quality and maximum usability of project outcomes
- Proper risk analysis and conflict management
Work Package 2 - Hardware
To achieve TRL 5 for all quantum simulation platforms in PASQuanS2, significant advancements are needed in hardware platforms. These include improving the creation of accurate and stable quantum states, developing robust readout techniques, enhancing programmability, removing technological bottlenecks, and creating a hardware abstraction layer for seamless integration between hardware and software.
- High-fidelity quantum states
- Versatile readout
- Programmable simulation
- Hardware abstraction layer
Work Package 3 - Software Architecture
The objective is to develop a specialized software stack for PASQuanS2 quantum simulators, enabling enhanced verification, algorithm implementation, and user interfaces. This includes providing online accessibility to the simulators and improving automation, system integration, and monitoring infrastructure for optimal efficiency.
- Programming environment for analogue simulations
- Improvement of automation, system integration and monitoring
- Demonstration of cloud access to the quantum simulators
- Standardization of control interfaces and data storage formats
Work Package 4 - Demonstration/Science applications and quantum advantage
The main goal of this work package is to develop novel algorithms and methods that make efficient use of experimental resources in order to identify a realistic path towards quantum advantage for physically or otherwise practically relevant problems. Both, on the experimental and theoretical side novel techniques for verification, benchmarking and noise mitigation will be developed and tested, with the goal of realizing practical quantum advantage in these devices.
- Development of Variational Algorithms
- Hardware-efficient encoding of real-world problems
- Benchmarking, verification and error mitigation
- Quantum Advantage with programmable Quantum Simulators
Work Package 5 - End-user applications and ecosystem building
The primary goal of the work package is to develop a sustainable ecosystem of end-users from industry and identify, develop and study real-life use cases with them. This entails the following subgoals:
- Foster new end-user projects
- End-user board
- Provide and benchmark explicit use cases dealing with simulation of materials, logistics and machine learning
Work Package 6 - Innovation Management: Communication, Dissemination, Exploitation
Innovation management in PASQuanS2 takes a multidimensional, integrated, and impact-oriented approach. It includes effective communication, dissemination, and stakeholder engagement for maximum visibility. Strategic planning, implementation, and IP management ensure the capture, assessment, and utilization of high-quality results, paving the way for further exploitation and sustainability.
- Communication, creating visibility and broader outreach
- Disseminating results to targeted stakeholders and the scientific community
- Fostering innovation capacity and exploitation of results – including IP management
- Fostering education of highly skilled workforce